Sunday, June 1, 2008

To Dance With Him

God: WAKE UP.
Me: Wha..? What time is it? Where am I?
God: IT'S TIME TO GET UP. YOU'RE IN A BOAT.
Me: Huh? Why am I--?
God: ISN'T IT A WONDERFUL DAY? IT IS A WONDERFUL DAY.
Me: Yeah, it's nice, I guess.
God: DO YOU LIKE TO DANCE?
Me: Do I like to dance?
God: DO YOU LIKE TO DANCE?
Me: Uh, yeah, I like to dance.
God: THEN COME, DANCE WITH ME.
Me: But...you're out on the water.
God: YES, I AM. COME AND DANCE WITH ME.
Me: But, I can't walk on water.
God: YOU CAN DANCE WITH ME.
Me: But I'd have to get out of the boat.
God: YES, YOU WOULD. NOW COME, DANCE WITH ME.
Me: I...All right. Uh...
God: DON'T LOOK AT YOUR FEET, LOOK AT ME.
Me: But--
God: LOOK AT ME. LOOK INTO MY FACE. LOOK INTO MY EYES. LISTEN TO MY VOICE. I HAVE YOU IN MY ARMS, AND I WILL NOT LET YOU SINK. FOLLOW MY LEAD. WE SHALL DANCE, AND IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Me: I'm not a very good dancer.
God: I SHALL LEAD YOU IN THE DANCE.
Me: My footing is unsteady.
God: I WON'T LET YOU FALL.
Me: I'm frightened!
God: I'VE GOT YOU.
Me: I'm getting dizzy!
God: I KNOW! ISN'T IT A WONDERFUL FEELING?
Me: Yes!
God: NOW I SHALL TWIRL YOU AROUND.
Me: Woah! That--
God: --WAS AMAZING! YOU ARE WONDERFUL TO DANCE WITH!
Me: Thanks, I--Uh, God, is that a wave I see coming?
God: LOOK AT ME. NOW I SHALL TWIRL YOU AWAY AND LET YOU SPIN ON YOUR OWN!
Me: But you said you wouldn't let me go!
God: I WILL NOT LET YOU SINK.
Me: I think there's a wave coming...
God: LOOK AT ME.
Me: There's a really big wave coming!
God: TRUST ME.
Me: But it's huge! It will drown me!
God: IT WILL NOT DROWN US.
Me: I can't get over it! It will smother me!
God: FOLLOW ME, AND I WILL LEAD YOU IN THE STEPS. LOOK AT ME. NOW, DANCE WITH ME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still trying to post. this is a test